Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tamiya 1/48 Panzerkampfwagen III






Tamiya - 1/48 Military Miniatures Series No.24 (ITEM 32524)


Backbone of the Panzerkorps

It seems that I've struggled building models lately and the last few required a little extra work and turned
out to be difficult projects. Recently I was looking to build something that was more enjoyable and would go together without incident. I pulled the Tamiya Panzer III off the shelf and I have to tell you that it has been an absolute gem to build.

I actually took the kit on the road with me while traveling for business and would work on it each night at
the hotel. I'm building this kit straight out of the box and the general construction took about four hours
and the kit was nearly complete.

When I got home I was able to start painting and tried out some color modulation and a little panel shading.
I had an old bottle of Gunze Sanyo dark brown and used it for primer. I then used Tamiya Dark Yellow and darkened it a dark gray and sprayed the suspension, wheels, and low areas. This was the same dark yellow
mixture with a little less gray; and then straight dark yellow as the lightest coat.So far the effect is going well
and I'll post pictures in a short while.

If you are looking for something different or a smooth project then the Tamiya 1/48 armor series might be
right up your alley.

Stay tuned for the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment